We are a voluntary, independent support group set up in the Ealing and Hammersmith & Fulham Boroughs. Our members include individuals affected with Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia, their families, carers, supporters and professionals.
- Help improve the quality of life for individuals who are affected by Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia
- Support individuals their families and carers
- Provide support during periods of crisis/hospitalisation by our ‘HOME2HOME SUPPORT’ service
- Host seminars and talks with Guest speakers on Health, education and social issues
- Raise the awareness of Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia in the local community
- Organise and participate in fundraising activities for the group
- Regularly meet and talk with other sufferers and their families to discuss different issues and offer solutions
- Organise leisure outings and functions for the group and their families
- Faciilitate fun activities for children affected with Sickle cell and Thalassaemia
- We produce regular bulletins by email and post about our group activities, events and workshops.
- We aim to prevent isolation and to promote inclusion
- We aim to build networks of support and link in closely with the Sickle Cell Society
- We have a 24 hour dedicated phone for Support services
We hold monthly meetings on the last Tuesday of every month (excluding August and December) from 7pm to 9pm at: Ruskin Hall, 16 Church Road, Acton ,London, W3 8PP
More information can be found in the Ealing Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia Support Group Leaflet.