The Ealing Parent & Carer Forum (EPCF) was set up to give local parents a voice in planning and delivering services to children with disabilities/additional needs.
If you care for a child or young adult with additional needs in education, health or social care the EPCF is for you. They work to ensure Ealing Council, local health and other service providers understand what children and young adults really need to deliver the support that is so essential to their development. With your help the forum can have a real impact. It means the views and wishes of members and their children are taken into consideration when policy decisions are made.
Becoming a member of the forum is free- and you can join by completing the form found on the website. As a member, you can choose to:
- Just receive useful news and information- you needn’t attend any meetings.
- Receive news and information and share your views in surveys and focus groups at a level you are comfortable with.
The EPCF also run monthly information sessions for parents of children with additonal needs on individual topics. All sessions are free of charge and open to parents regardless of whether they are members of the EPCF or not. Professionals (e.g. TAs or Family Support Workers) are equally welcome.
Topics of previous information sessions have included:
- Anxiety and Obsessions
- Sleep Problems
- Eating Problems
- How to talk to your child about having Autism
- Mental Capacity Act
- Toilet Training a child with special needs
- Education Health & Care Plans (EHCPs) - parental input
- Speech & Communication support
For details of upcoming online sessions, please see downloads on the right hand side of this page, or get in touch with EPCF on details below.